Applications of Interval Computations contains primarily survey articles of actual industrial applications of numerical analysis with automatic result verification and of interval representation of data.
Underlying topics include:
Actual applications described in the book include:
A realistic view of interval computations is taken: the articles indicate when and how overestimation and other challenges can be overcome.
An introductory chapter explains the content of the papers in terminology accessible to mathematically literate graduate students. The style of the individual, refereed contributions has been made uniform and understandable, and there is an extensive book-wide index.
Audience:Valuable to students and researchers interested in automatic result verification.
1. Applications of Interval Computations: An Introduction;
R.B. Kearfott, V. Kreinovich.
2. A Review of Techniques in the Verified Solution of
Constrained Global Optimization Problems;
3. The Shape of the Symmetric Solution Set;
G. Alefeld, et al.
4. Linear Interval Equations: Computing Enclosures with Bounded Relative
Overestimation is NP-Hard;
5. Quality Improvement Via Optimization of Tolerance
Intervals During the Design Stage;
S. Hadjihassan, et al.
6. Applications of Interval Computations to Regional
Economic Input-Output Models;
7. Interval Arithmetic in Quantum Mechanics;
C.L. Fefferman, L.A. Seco.
8. Interval Computations on the Spreadsheet;
E. Hyvonen, S. De Pascale.
9. Solving Optimization Problems with Help of the UniCalc Solver;
10. Automatically Verified Arithmetic on Probability
Distributions and Intervals;
11. Nested Intervals and Sets: Concepts, Relations to Fuzzy Sets, and
H.T. Nguyen, V. Kreinovich.
12. Fuzzy Interval Inference Utilizing the Checklist
Paradigm and BK-Relational Products;
L.J. Kohout, W. Bandler.
13. Computing Uncertainty in Interval Based Sets;
L.M. Rocha, et al.
14. Software and Hardware Techniques for Accurate, Self-Validating
M.J. Schulte, E.E. Swartzlander, Jr.
15. Stimulating Hardware and Software Support for Interval Arithmetic;
Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht
Date of publishing: January 1996
Back to Books on Interval Computations
Back to Applications of Interval Computations
Back to the main menu of the Interval